There are different kinds of pillows and each type has different sets of advantages and downsides to deal with and it will take lengthy discussion to tackle different kinds of pillows individually. In this articles, you will know about one down pillow, what is it all about, the importance of using this type of pillow, how to choose the best down pillows, and of course some suggestions for your considerations.
What Are Down Pillows
It is considered as a luxury as down pillows are pillows stuffed with soft feathers pluck from geese or ducks. As such, down pillows are naturally soft and warm and have better support mechanisms or lots for longer periods of time. It is quite more expensive in terms of price when compared some other types of pillows.
Why We Need Right Down Pillows
If you were serious with your biology class when you took it during your younger years you knew that feathers insulate bodies of avian creatures and when feathers are stuffed into the pillow, it looks warm air thus, down pillows are ideal for individuals who live in colder climates or environment. Other important reasons to use down pillows are as follows
- Better sleeping comfort –feathers are naturally soft and when compressed into pillows it helps achieve softness to the pillow which you cannot find with pillows stuffed with synthetic fibers.
- Avoid neck injuries – down pillows naturally adjust to the shape of the users head thus it gives natural support and greater comfort when the person sleeps. As a result, users will find no neck pain or strain once they wake up from their sleep as their neck muscles were not overstretched during sleeping moments.
- More durable pillows – since down pillows are made of feathers plucked from geese and ducks, it is more durable than pillows stuffed with synthetic fibers. While it is expensive, its ability to outlast pillows with synthetic fibers is one good reason to boot if you want practicality.
How To Choose The Right Down Pillows
Now that you know the reasons why you need the right down pillows, it is time to share with you how to choose the best ones. Here are few basic tips to remember when searching for the right down pillows.
Check the pillow stuff – ask the sales attendant or check the label if the down pillow you are interested with are indeed stuff with natural feathers from ducks and geese or synthetically made. Natural feathers are more long lasting than synthetic ones. Also check for the number of fillings, the greater the number the better.
Check the sewing – you should inspect carefully if it is sewn rigidly as good threading will prevent feathers from peeking out later when you used the pillow for longer period of time. You do not want to sew personally and further damage to the pillow later on.
Ask around – you can also ask some people on the brand they patronize when it comes to down pillows. Or you may search the internet to research as there are plenty of sites and online shops to shop around and look for feedbacks and reviews when it comes to finding the best down pillows in the market.
5 Best Down Pillows you need to consider when buying
Here are five down pillows for your considerations.
1. Encompass Group 50% Goose Down / 50% Goose Feather Queen Pillow Set – Featured in Many Sheraton ® Hotels (2 Queen Pillows)
Product Description-design to give sleepers medium support and ideal for all types of sleeping position. The warranty includes statement that it is allergy free. This pillow only uses 100 percent cotton for its covering. It uses double needle sewn edge to give this pillow durability needed.
Pros – the product features ensure that this pillow is
- Durable and with guaranteed superior quality in terms of softness.
- Preferred by Sheraton thus you will never go wrong buying this down pillow product.
Cons – the only downside you can say about this product is it is exclusive in white.
2. Standard/Queen Firm Goose Down Fill Pillows 500 Thread Count Cover by Royal Hotel Collection (set of 2 pillows)
Product Description – this is a Royal Hotel collection pillow thus it has good features like; stuffed with hand pluck Goose Down, with 500 thread count in the fabric using only Egyptian cotton for its covering, 750 fill power white goose down, and 28 ounce of Goose Down for either Standard or Queen Size. With these features, you have a durable and very soft down pillow.
- as it uses genuine Egyptian cotton, you surely have the right pillow to give your bedroom the kind of luxury and comfort that you want.
- frequently out of stock, making some customers frustrated with this product.
3. Exceptional Sheets Set of 2 50/50 Down Pillow, Queen
Product Description –this is a hypoallergenic down pillow and uses only higher quality goose down and feather blend. Unlike with other down pillows, this product is washing machine and dryer friendly. It is durable, comfortable, and luxurious as it is covered with Cambric Woven Cotton Casing.
Pros – many users find this down pillow extra soft. As such, this is ideal for use as stomach pillow. The extra softness provide superior neck and back support thus helps you avoid injuries and sprains in these parts of the body.
Cons – while it is soft, it is not fluffy like you wanted it always. The remedy is to fluff it frequently to achieve the fluffiness you want to achieve.
4. Extra Soft Down Pillow Set of 2 by Exceptional Sheets – Great for Stomach Sleepers, Queen
Product Features – if you are the kind of person who sleeps on your stomach or face down, this is the right pillow for you. It is made of 20 percent feather and 80 percent down blend. Your stomach will not develop rashes as this is hypoallergenic product. Great comfort for your stomach due to size of 20 x 30 inches.
Pros – it is easy to fluff when you just need to do so. Very comfortable as it won’t leave you having neck or shoulder pain after using this down pillow. It is also very fluffy and won’t flat easily thus give greater comfort for sleepers.
Cons – some find this pillow very soft for them, probably this is just not the right pillow for them.
5. Pacific Coast Touch of Down Standard Pillow Set (4 Standard Pillows) – Featured in Many Hilton Hotels
Product Description– if you want Hilton like luxury when it comes to sleeping comfort this is the down pillow that materials with 230 thread count, 100 percent cotton, with Hyperclean feature, and down and feather blend. you should buy. As part of Hilton Bedding collection, this product is made in USA using imported
Pros – comfortable pillows as what Pacific Coast brand is known for. It combines softness and strength at the same time thus it is also good for propping up yourself when you want to read or just relax.
Cons – some users find the price objectionable considering that it is not very soft for them.
If you are a side sleeper, you must check our article to choose the best side sleeper pillow