A human being will spend a third of his/her life, on average, sleeping. That is why experts tell you to invest on what comes between you and the earth, and good bedding is usually at the top of the list. However, pain due to poor alignment of the spine can cause you sleepless nights. The cervical vertebrae section of the neck is the most prone to bad postures while sleeping. Here is where the arc4life cervical traction pillow comes to your aid.
Arc4life cervical traction neck pillow is made by the Arc4Life Company that specializes on healthy sleeping by encouraging the natural curve of the spine. The pillow encourages the normal C-curve of the neck vertebrae. Most people with neck pain have lost this natural C-curve and usually have a straight/military neck; leading to squished nerves which create the pain. Poor sleeping postures also create a stiff neck and strained muscles that contribute to neck pain.
Criteria for choosing the best neck and cervical pillow
A good neck pillow is one that allows you to experience sound sleep, therefore waking up reenergized since your body is able to relax. Here is how to choose the best neck and cervical pillow.
1. Support: The pillow should be able to offer support to your neck, head and upper back. This will increase the comfort and encourage deep and sound sleep.
2. Pressure and pain relief: Relief at pressure points means that pain will be reduced in these areas. You will therefore wake up without pain that is usually related to stiff muscles and pinches nerves.
3. Malleability and comfort: A malleable pillow will cradle your head and neck and conform to their contours. Apart from providing extra support, this will also increase the comfort the pillow can offer.
4. Natural posture encouragement: The correct neck posture enhances blood circulation and nerve relaxation since the blood vessels and nerves are aligned correctly. Poor circulation will leave you exhausted when you wake up, and possibly with headaches because of lack of oxygen and hormonal circulation. The correct posture will also reduce snoring due to restricted air passage.
5. Work with all sleeping styles: A good neck pillow should be able to accommodate all sleeping styles, including back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers. This will maintain the comfort whenever the users turn.
The arc4life cervical linear traction neck pillow offers some of the most critical features in ensuring that you get the best night’s sleep and wake up pain-free and rejuvenated.
With this arc4life pillow, you get a dual support and traction functionality. The thing that puts this pillow aside from the rest, is the traction V support on one side of the pillow, and the neck roll support on the opposite side of the pillow.
The traction V side cradles your neck and head, lifting it away from your shoulders. The neck roll support on beneath the V and on the opposite side supports your neck and encourages the C-curve of the cervical vertebrae.
The pillow is filled with soft polyester fiber and therefore, the soft V-wings relieves strain and pressure points on your neck and back. The relaxed neck muscles can therefore clear pain for people with chronic neck pains.
Arc4Life has specially designed this pillow for side sleepers and back sleepers, so it doesn’t matter which side you want to sleep on. If you are a stomach sleeper, you might find this pillow hard to sleep on because of the groove the traction V creates.
Here are the pros and cons of the Arc4Life pillow, based on online reviews on the arc4life cervical linear traction neck pillow, a medium size which offers all these features at only 1.5 pounds.
Here is a YouTube video on how it works.
- Pain relief – A lot of people that had pain in their up body reported waking up pain-free and zero instances of headaches.
- Orthopedic support -Those with digressive neck disks also indicated a huge leap towards a lifesaving experience with this pillow. This can be owed to the pillow’s design to encourage natural neck posture.
- Comfortable – Through the soft polyester fiber fillings and the support and traction offered, this pillow creates the perfect comfort.
- Works for both side and back sleepers due to the design.
- Sound and deep sleep – This pillow has provided many users with a peaceful sleep, leaving them rejuvenated and ready for the day when they wake up
- Does not seem to work for people with severe cases of neck issues like advanced arthritis.
- Contents may shift thus making the pillow lose traction and support
- May be kind of hard/firm for some users that are used to soft pillows.
The arc4life cervical traction pillow has been recommended by many orthopedic doctors and chiropractors. It is increasingly becoming a popular first resolution method of neck pain relief for most patients. Based on the reviews, this pillow is worth a purchase if you want peaceful reenergizing sleep, or if you want to relief neck and other neck related pain.